Andrew Nardi, Game Designer & Producer
I’m an aspiring game designer and producer studying at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), Melbourne. I’m passionate about level design and production.
Before I made a career transition into the games industry in 2021, I was an experienced journalist and researcher with editorial roles at several magazines and websites.
Please feel free to peruse my portfolio.
|Job Roles||Producer, Game Designer, Level Designer, QA Tester|
|Open to Work||Yes|
|Preferred Job Types||Full-time, Part-Time, Contract|
|Workplace Preferences||On-site, Remote|
Software & Tools
|Game Development|| Unity |
GitHub, GitHub Desktop
|Game Design|| Google Workspace|
Skills & Qualities
- Design: When designing absolutely anything, I believe it is pivotal to always keep the user’s experience at the forefront of all design decisions. I apply this philosophy to all aspects of design that I have practiced – game design, level design, puzzle design, narrative design and UI design. I believe all of these disciplines require keen attention to detail in order to deliver on the design requirements and create a positive experience for the user.
- Project Management: While working in producer roles, I endeavour to coordinate detailed schedules, efficiently manage asset pipelines, hold productive meetings (including daily morning stand-ups) and manage team members’ tasks within an effectively structured agile workflow.
- Advocacy: I would like to be an advocate for marginalised voices in the gaming space, as I try to be in all spaces that I share. I believe in prioritising voices and experiences that have been underrepresented in media. I have tried to exercise this in the past, such as in my various editorial roles where I curated content that aimed to amplify the voices of women, non-binary people, the LGBTQ+ community, and Australian First Nations in music, arts, entertainment and at my university.
May 2018 – Oct 2020
• Collaborating with an editorial team to publish summaries of new Australian legislation within daily deadlines.
• Maintaining complex spreadsheets detailing amendments to legislation.
• Researching parliamentary and legislation websites for the introduction of Bills, Assents, Regulations and Gazettes.
• Training new staff in data entry processes.
• Proofread and ensured the quality of SAI Global’s online publication of the National Construction Code 2016 Volume One.
Digital Marketing Manager
Dublin Design Studio Ltd
Sep 2017 – Nov 2017
• Managed Google AdWords campaigns, including keywords, audiences, targeting and spend.
• Prepared extensive social media campaigns.
• Aided in the product launch of the company’s crowdfunded stylus pen.
• Boosted sales by 33%: As a result of producing web content and, using Google AdWords, advertising this content during a key commercial holiday.
Editor, Graphic Designer
Jun 2015 – Sep 2017
• Worked closely with PR, advertisers and musicians to produce high quality feature stories.
• Oversaw editorial calendar and email inbox (100+ emails per day) to maximise story output.
• Designed entire issues (80+ pages) using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Directed, provided feedback and coordinated the workflow of over 70 volunteer journalists and photographers.
• Worked to strict advertising and print deadlines.
• Produced magazines that generated $320,000 gross income over one financial year.
• Successfully rebranded BMA’s print layout and website to increase audience engagement.
• Increased Facebook followers by 16% over the course of one year.
University of Canberra
Nov 2014 – Jul 2016
• Conducted research into video game culture and the “#Gamergate” controversy as a complex media event comprised of antagonistic publics.
• Performed data entry tasks using Microsoft Excel and OutWit Hub.
• Presented research at the Australia and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA) 2016 conference.
• My research was integrated into major studies reported by news networks.
My complete employment history can be found on my LinkedIn page.
|Details available upon request.|