Andrew Nardi, Game Designer & Producer
I’m an aspiring game designer and producer studying at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment, Melbourne. I’m passionate about level design and production.
Before I made a career transition into the games industry in 2021, I was an experienced journalist and researcher with editorial roles at several magazines and websites.
|Job Roles||Game Designer, Level Designer, Producer|
|Open to Work||Yes|
|Preferred Job Types||Full-time, Part-Time, Contract|
|Workplace Preferences||On-site, Remote|
|Game Development|| Unity |
|Game Design|| Google Workspace|
May 2018 – Oct 2020
• Researching parliamentary and legislation websites for the introduction of Bills, Assents, Regulations and Gazettes.
• Interpreting and entering data into in-house legal database.
• Writing summaries of legislation in line with in-house formatting styles.
• Training new staff in data entry processes.
• Proofread and ensured the quality of SAI Global’s online publication of the National Construction Code 2016 Volume One.
Digital Marketing Manager
Dublin Design Studio Ltd
Sep 2017 – Nov 2017
County Dublin, Ireland
• Managed Google AdWords campaigns, including keywords, audiences, targeting and spend.
• Prepared extensive social media campaigns.
• Aided in the product launch of the company’s crowdfunded stylus pen.
• Boosted sales by 33%: As a result of producing web content and, using Google AdWords, advertising this content during a key commercial holiday.
Editor, Graphic Designer
Jun 2015 – Sep 2017
• Worked closely with PR, advertisers, musicians and journalists to produce high quality feature stories.
• Oversaw editorial calendar and email inbox (100+ emails per day) to maximise story output.
• Designed entire issues (80+ pages) using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Worked to strict advertising and print deadlines.
• Produced magazines that generated $320,000 gross income over one financial year.
• Successfully rebranded BMA’s print layout and website to increase audience engagement.
• Increased Facebook followers by 16% over the course of one year.
University of Canberra
Nov 2014 – Jul 2016
• Conducted research into video game culture and the “#Gamergate” controversy as a complex media event comprised of antagonistic publics.
• Performed data entry tasks using Microsoft Excel and OutWit Hub.
• Presented research at the Australia and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA) 2016 conference.
• My research was integrated into major studies reported by news networks.
My complete employment history can be found on my LinkedIn page.
|Details available upon request.|